September 29, 2009

Dimanche - 27 septembre

Sunday lunch in France is the main meal of the week and many cafes are now offering a specific brunch menu.  To me, that meant a long, lazy, enjoyable meal.

I made my first trip up to the 9th where I found the much beloved Rose Bakery.  I couldn't have felt more at home in a restaurant that is located over 5,000 miles from my home.  One could easily pick up this entire operation and drop it in either San Francisco or Oakland with complete and total ease.  It reminded me so much of home and the meal was so delicious, I plan to return again before I fly back to the Bay Area.

















The focus of the bakery is on serving local & organic fare (sound familiar?) and they sell a small selection of such goods in the front of the shop. 

I had fresh made juice/smoothie of orange, banana and raspberries and the HUGE meal of oeufs (eggs), bacon, tomates et champignons (mushrooms).  This came with a HUGE helping of delicious toast, oat scones and what appeared to be house-made jam.  The most memorable part of the dish was the mushrooms - they were sauteed with a perfect golden crust and had been flavored with some of the most divine herbs and seasonings.  Everything came together in one big bowl so it was easy to scoop bites of everything together to enjoy.

(pre-meal bread and butter)

(really fresh juice!  and in the back these cool glass water bottles they reuse and refill with filtered water right in the kitchen.  very eco-friendly!)

(the big dish!)











As I said before, I will return back to Rose Bakery again before I leave Paris.  With all the amazing food choices in this city - that says a lot!

Rose Bakery
46, Rue Martyrs
75009 Paris, France

No comments:

Post a Comment