September 23, 2009

first day!

I made it!  I landed at CDG airport in Paris around 12:30pm local time today and by 3pm I was sitting in my temporary home for the next two weeks - a cute 1 bedroom apartment in the Marais near Hotel de Ville.

After a bit of relaxation - but no nap per my jet lag strategy - I ventured out after planning to hit up 3 must eat places of the more casual style.

L'As du Fallafel.  typical of my recent eating habits - I went straight for the street food.






I then meandered down to the Seine and crossed over on to Ile St-Louis to find the famed Berthillon  ice cream.  I had one scoop of the extra dark cacao and one scoop of almond on a cone - divine!



Lastly, I crossed the Seine again on to the left bank to hunt down a baguette from Eric Kayser's boulangerie.  Unable to just buy one lonely baguette, I also bought some of their rich caneles.  While on the left bank, I also stopped in this cute little organic store (known here as a bio store) and picked up some pears and yogurt for the morning.



bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment