September 28, 2009

Samedi – 26 septembre 2009 (part two)

my Saturday pre-Hidden Kitchen was filled with a trip to the beautiful Marche du President Wilson of which I have some beautiful pictures.  I will save those for a separate post when I get the time.  For now, I will share on my mid-day meal at Breizh Cafe.

I took a short walk from my apartment up the rue Vieille du Temple through the beginning of the trendy part of the Marais filled with designer boutiques and upscale apartments.  You would think that a late lunch and table for one would be an easy order but upon arrival, I was told that the next opening wouldn't be until 3pm which was about 20 minutes later.  Not too bad, so I crossed the street and relaxed in a small park until my time arrived.


 
















I was seated inside facing out the open front doors which was a perfect view.  I already knew what I wanted which was a galette (savory crepe made with buckwheat flour) complete - which included eggs, ham and cheese.  I also ordered a traditional Breton hard cider to drink.  The cider was dry but delicious - nothing like what many friends favor back in the States.














This is my half eaten crepe - for a food which is being served in a more formal setting than a street vendor which is how they are often found here, these are filling!  The eggs of course tasted very fresh and the ham and cheese were both salty and divine.  I was temped to order a sweet crepe for dessert, but was saving myself for dinner, so cafe creme was the finale.


No comments:

Post a Comment